- Aging Network Capacity Building Program
- Eldercare Locator
- Livable Communities
- Medicare Diabetes Screening Project
- Medication Management and Care Transitions
- National Resource Center on LGBT Aging
- Senior Transportation
- The Aging Network’s Volunteer Collaborative
- Aging Innovations and Achievement Awards
n4a supports transportation access and mobility for older adults through
co–administration of the National Center on Senior Transportation (NCST), involvement in advocacy efforts like the Senior Transportation Task Force, assistance to older adults seeking transportation through the Eldercare Locator, and technical assistance to AAAs and Title VI Programs.
What’s New in Senior Transportation
NCST to host its first ever Senior Mobility Fair
The NCST Senior Mobility Fair will be Monday July 29, during the n4a Annual Conference in Louisville, KY. This daylong event includes opportunities to learn about senior transportation innovations from program experts from across the U.S., and to participate in roundtable discussions to learn about new and creative approaches for addressing three key senior transportation areas:
- Person-Centered Mobility Management/Options Counseling
- Volunteer Driver Programs
- Planning and coordination between Aging & Transportation Programs
Person–Centered Mobility Management Grantees Complete Their Work
NCST Mobility Management grantees gather June 4-5, 2012, in Washington, DC.
In May 2012, the work began for the eight sites, including two Area Agencies on Aging that received NCST funding for projects that demonstrate innovative and effective approaches for providing “person-centered” mobility management to benefit older adults. (Project Summaries) Stay tuned for project results.
n4a co–administers the National Center on Senior Transportation with Easter Seals. The Center provides technical assistance, training and support for innovations in transportation for older adults at the community level. The NCST targets its activities to aging organizations and to public and private transportation providers.
Senior Transportation Task Force
n4a co–chairs this national workgroup of organizations—focused on aging, disability, health care, faith-based, transit and labor issues—that are collectively advancing senior transportation concerns during the authorization of highway and transit programs.
- Older Driver Safety and Transition for the Aging Network
- Older Driver Safety and Transition for the Mature Driver
- EVERYONE RIDES: Transportation Access for Culturally and Ethnically Diverse Elders Booklet
- Transportation: The Silent Need
- Transportation Options Brochure
- Taxis for Senior Transportation
- Crossing Great Divides: A Guide to Elder Mobility Resources and Solutions in Indian Country