Aging Policy Briefing
Registration Now Open!
The first year of the Trump Administration and the 115th Congress has seen unprecedented changes, challenges and threats to federal health care and aging programs, including Medicaid, Medicare and the Older Americans Act, which serve older adults in every community. However, tumultuous times have paved the way for advocates and allies to rally around critical programs and services and to educate national lawmakers about the importance of these programs.
It is now more important than ever that aging advocates learn about breaking aging policy news from national experts, stay informed on how policy changes under consideration on Capitol Hill and within federal agencies will affect health care and aging programs locally, and advocate for older adults in communities across the country.
You really can’t afford to miss the 2018 n4a Aging Policy Briefing and Capitol Hill Day to get the latest on what the seismic shift in the political and policy landscape in Washington means for the older adults and caregivers you serve in your communities. Register Today!
On Wednesday, April 18 and Thursday, April 19, 2018, n4a will bring together stakeholders from across the country, key Administration officials, Members of Congress and their staff, and other experts to:
• Hear details about ongoing Trump Administration plans for vital federal programs serving older adults;
• Learn from national experts on breaking aging and health care policy issues in Congress;
• Meet with your Representatives and Senators in DC; and
• Explore advocacy best practices and strategies in a changing policy environment.
SNAPSHOT OF THE SCHEDULE:
• Wednesday, April 18: Wednesday morning will be an intensive pre-conference hosted by the Aging and Disability Business Institute aimed at preparing attendees to address challenges and recognize opportunities in a rapidly changing health care landscape. Wednesday afternoon, the Aging Policy Briefing formally begins. Attendees will dive into health care and aging policy analysis and updates from the Trump Administration and Capitol Hill.
• Thursday, April 19: Attendees will convene bright and early to continue the policy briefing before deploying to Capitol Hill Thursday afternoon for meetings with Representatives and Senators. n4a may host a Capitol Hill briefing over lunch on Thursday, April 19, and will notify attendees accordingly. Please note that advocates are responsible for setting up visits with their Members of Congress.
Check back regularly for updates and details on the agenda and speakers.
***Note the agenda is subject to changes***
2018 REGISTRATION FEES:
• Aging Policy Briefing
o AAA Members --> $199
o Title VI Members --> $125
o Non-Members --> $259
o All n4a Members --> $100
o Non-Members --> $150
• Discounts (for APB only)
o $25 discount with two or more registrations from the same agency (use code: 2018APBGROUP)
o $25 discount for State Grassroots Coordinators (use code: 2018APBSGC)
REGISTER NOW! ONLINE OR VIA MAIL:
PLEASE NOTE: In order to register you will have to use your own account at www.n4a.org. All AAA and Title VI program directors already have an account in the n4a database. Simply follow these instructions to login if you have not done so before. This will ensure a speedy registration process. If you have staff attending as well, please create accounts for them (see "add staff to your n4a account") to complete registration.
Please make your reservations! All room blocks will sell out quickly.
1/12 UPDATE: The n4a rate at the Liaison Hotel has sold out! Our host hotel, The Liaison Capitol Hill (415 New Jersey Ave., NW), is just steps from the Capitol and congressional office buildings. This prime location means that getting to Capitol Hill will be easy. The special nightly rate that n4a has secured for APB attendees is $265/night. To guarantee this rate, use the code NAAA18 online when making your reservation, or specify that you are with the National Association of Area Agencies on Aging when you call 1.888.513.7445.
But don't fret as we have also secured room blocks at two hotels just south of Capitol Hill, in the trendy and Metro-accessible Navy Yard area.
The Courtyard Marriott Capitol Hill/Navy Yard, 140 L Street, SE, has n4a-rate ($294) rooms for 4/17 and 4/18. Use "n4a 2018" to book online or via phone: 1.866.329.0003.
The Homewood Suites by Hilton Capitol-Navy Yard, 50 M Street, SE, has n4a-rate ($294) rooms 4/17, 4/18 and 4/19. Book online or via phone ("n4a Briefing"): 1.800.CALL.HOME or 202.899.2800.