Dementia Friendly America Network Continues to Grow
North Carolina's Dementia Capable Cary (DCC) has joined the Dementia Friendly America network of communities. With a mission to empower, educate and engage individuals with dementia, their families and caregivers, DCC is also working with businesses to create a community that is ready and willing to serve those with dementia and their families.
Dementia Capable Cary has several goals, including to:
- Revolutionize the way Cary views dementia and caregiving,
- Develop a safe, well-supported, and respectful environment for Cary's older adults and families,
- Offer dementia-friendly certification and training for Cary and surrounding area businesses,
- provide resources and support to older adults and their families navigating the aging journey, and
- create synergistic partnership among the business sector, individuals, town entities and faith communities that promotes cooperation to achieve common goals for [their] growing number of senior adults.
Visit dfamerica.org to learn how you can make your community dementia-friendly, or contact Meredith Hanley, Director, Community Capacity Building, n4a, 202.872.0888 or email@example.com.