Advocacy Tools to Urge Lawmakers to Continue Support for Older Adults and Caregivers
Use n4a’s social media toolkit below to engage your Senators and Representatives. Make sure to tag your lawmakers and urge your agency’s stakeholders and advocacy network to do the same!
Just for the Senate re: n4a’s May 21 Advocacy Alert:
- [TAG YOUR SENATOR], please help #AAAsAtWork ensure that older adults and caregivers get the services they need to stay safely at home for the duration of the pandemic. Here’s what you can do: [Link to n4a’s recent letter to Senate and House leadership or link to your own letter!]
- [TAG YOUR SENATOR], now that the House has passed the HEROES Act, we look forward to seeing what the Senate recommends next. We have some thoughts on how you can help us protect #OlderAdults from the negative health effects of social isolation: [Link to n4a’s recent letter to Senate and House leadership or link to your own letter!]
- [TAG YOUR MEMBER] As part of the next #COVID19 emergency legislation, we urge #Congress to implement funding increases & policy changes for #Medicaid home and community-based services (#HCBS) waiver programs to support #OlderAdults—and their direct care workers. Read more.
- [TAG YOUR MEMBER] We thank #Congress for the $ for meals, in-home & caregiver supports in the CARES Act. But resources are still needed for #AAAsAtWork efforts to reduce social isolation, help #OlderAdults with technology & convert wellness classes to virtual! Read more.
- [TAG YOUR MEMBER] We need a national strategy to produce personal protective equipment (#PPE), including for the #AgingNetwork workforce on the front lines of providing #HCBS to more than 11 million #OlderAdults and caregivers. Read more.
- [TAG YOUR MEMBER] #Congress should provide $50 million to getting #SHIPs ready for a virtual open enrollment this fall so they can help #Medicare beneficiaries make the best health care coverage choices for themselves. Read more.
Use any of the following photos to accompany your social media posts. Click on the photo of your choice to download a high resolution file.