Advocacy Tools to Urge Lawmakers to Continue Support for Older Adults and Caregivers
Use n4a’s social media toolkit below to engage your Senators and Representatives. Make sure to tag your lawmakers and urge your agency’s stakeholders and advocacy network to do the same!
Just for the Senate re: n4a’s July 23 Advocacy Alert:
- [TAG YOUR SENATOR], please help #AAAsAtWork ensure that older adults and caregivers get the services they need to stay safely at home for the duration of the pandemic. Here’s what you can do: [Link to n4a’s recent letter to Senate and House leadership or link to your own letter based n4a’s updated template!]
- [TAG YOUR SENATOR], the Senate MUST NOT FORGET older Americans in the next COVID-19 relief package! Help us protect #OlderAdults during this crisis by taking the following actions! Link to n4a’s recent letter to Senate and House leadership or link to your own letter based n4a’s updated template!]
- [TAG YOUR MEMBER] As part of the next #COVID19 emergency legislation, we urge #Congress to implement funding increases & policy changes for #Medicaid home and community-based services (#HCBS) waiver programs to support #OlderAdults—and their direct care workers. https://bit.ly/2BnUlR2
- [TAG YOUR MEMBER] We thank #Congress for the $ for meals, in-home & caregiver supports in the CARES Act. But resources are still needed for #AAAsAtWork to reduce social isolation and continue vital services to #OlderAdults! https://bit.ly/2BnUlR2
- [TAG YOUR MEMBER], The Senate must not forget #OlderAmericansWe need a national strategy to secure personal protective equipment (#PPE), including for the #AgingNetwork workforce on the front lines of providing #HCBS to more than 11 million #OlderAdults and caregivers. https://bit.ly/2BnUlR2
- [TAG YOUR MEMBER] #Congress should provide $50 million to getting #SHIPs ready for a virtual open enrollment this fall so they can help #Medicare beneficiaries make the best health care coverage choices for themselves. https://bit.ly/2BnUlR2
You may also download this social media toolkit.
Use any of the following photos to accompany your social media posts. Click on the photo of your choice to download a high resolution file.