Member Marketplace FAQ
Driven by member demand, n4a’s new Member Marketplace creates a new space that allows n4a members to promote their products and services to one another.
Note: Though the marketplace is housed on n4a’s website, n4a does not endorse any of the products or services featured in the marketplace.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does the n4a Member Marketplace program work?
- For n4a members who would like to sell a product or service
- Make sure your agency is an n4a member in good standing.
- Complete this form to provide information about the product or service your agency would like to sell via the n4a Member Marketplace. All submissions subject to internal n4a review.
- For agencies interested in purchasing a product or service
- Take a look at the products and services available on the n4a Member Marketplace page.
- See a product or service you like? Contact the individual listed in the “Contact” section to learn more.
- n4a members in good standing
- Anyone. Only n4a members may advertise, but any individual or entity may access the page and contact the advertiser for more information.
- We do, however, encourage advertisers to build in a special discount for n4a members.
- Products or services that relate to the business or provision of aging and disability services, the administration of agencies or similarly aligned products and services supportive of the work of n4a member agencies.
- Product or service must be owned and operated by the AAA or Title VI or the AAA/Title VI’s governing authority (e.g., Council of Governments, Tribal Authority).
- Product or service must not create a conflict with n4a’s Preferred Provider contracts, and is subject to n4a internal review for suitability.
Cost: $500 a year per first product (volume discount for additional products is $250)
- Listing of product/service in the n4a Member Marketplace with logo and contact information
- Ten percent off the regular price of other n4a marketing opportunities including Annual Conference advertising (totebag inserts, program ads) and exhibit booths, as well as research/focus groups
- n4a’s promotion of the Member Marketplace to its members and others (general promotion of the marketplace page, not individual products or advertisers)
- Two e-blasts each year to all n4a lists
- Two newsletter articles reaching all n4a members
- Quarterly social media posts (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)