Start Date: 1/14/2021 1:00 PM EST
End Date: 1/14/2021 2:00 PM EST
Event Website: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/1456002295426385934
National Association of Area Agencies on Aging
Join n4a and your peer agencies for a five-part n4a members-only lunchtime webinar series that will provide an overview of innovative programs your peers are running at their agencies. As a participant, you will hear from your peers on how they developed, implemented and sustained these programs within their agencies. Tips on how you can replicate these programs within your agencies will be shared as well, with time for Q & A at the end. All spotlighted programs won n4a Aging Innovations Awards this year; read more about them here: www.n4a.org/aia.
The January 14 webinar will highlight:
- The Senior Civic Academy that educates and empowers adults age 50 and older to advocate for themselves and their peers about issues related to aging in their community; developed by the Age Strong Commission in Boston, MA.
- The Community Care Transitions Initiative that integrates an unskilled care transitions model with skilled medical care in the home to improve transitions of Medicare beneficiaries from inpatient hospital stays back to their homes; developed by Region VII Area Agency on Aging in Bay City, MI.
- An opioid education and medication management program for older adults residing in senior housing complexes; developed by the Region IV Area Agency on Aging in St. Joseph, MI.
- February 11, 1:00-2:00 pm ET
- March 11, 1:00-2:00 pm ET