Start Date: 1/29/2019 1:00 PM EST
End Date: 1/29/2019 2:00 PM EST
Event Website: https://www.asaging.org/web-seminars/cbo-partnership-opportunities-medicare-advantage-plans
Aging and Disability Business Institute - n4a and American Society on Aging (ASA)
Part of the Aging and Disability Business Institute Series—a Collaboration of n4a and ASA.
New policy changes expand the flexibility of Medicare Advantage (MA) plans to target a broad range of supplementary benefits to beneficiaries. As a result of these changes, CBOs have greater opportunities to contract with MA plans to provide services and supports that address the social and behavioral determinants of health. This web seminar will provide an overview of these policy changes, examine the types of supplemental services that plans advanced in their 2019 bids and describe what to expect for 2020. Presenters will also discuss strategies for approaching plans and identifying services to market. The audience will hear firsthand about CBO experiences and challenges in Virginia and Pennsylvania, including the pursuit of multi-prong strategies that encompass Accountable Care Organizations and health systems.
Participants in this web seminar will be able to:
- Describe the policy changes to the MA program;
- Describe how these policy changes create opportunities for partnership between CBOs and MA plans; and
- List strategies for approaching and developing relationships with key individuals at MA plans.
- Kathy Vesley-Massey is president and CEO of Bay Aging, a nonprofit Area Agency on Aging (AAA) serving rural eastern Virginia. In 2017 she accepted The John A. Hartford Foundation Business Innovation Award for forging a statewide coalition of AAAs, named VAAACares®. VAAACares® contracts with health systems, MCOs and other health providers and insurers.
- Paul Cantrell is executive director and CEO of Comprehensive Care Connections, a nonprofit administrative services organization created by and for the benefit of AAAs.
- Timothy P. McNeill is an independent health care consultant, specializing in health program development and sustainability.