Start Date: 12/11/2018 1:00 PM EST
End Date: 12/11/2018 2:00 PM EST
Event Website: https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/8736260191998181889
National Association of Area Agencies on Aging (n4a)
Join n4a and your peer agencies for a AAA and Title VI member-only lunchtime webinar that will provide an overview of innovative programs your peers are running at their agencies. As a participant, you will hear from your peers on how they developed, implemented and sustained these programs within their agencies. Tips on how you can replicate these programs within your agencies will be shared as well, with time for Q & A at the end. All spotlighted programs won n4a Aging Innovations Awards this year; read more about them here.
This webinar series will take place monthly from October to January.
- December 11, 1:00-2:00 pm ET
- January 15, 1:00-2:00 pm ET
The December 11 webinar will highlight:
- Peer Mentor Program: A program that enlists former nursing home residents who have successfully transitioned to independent community living to serve as ambassadors and motivators to the nursing home population developed by AgeOptions in Oak Park, IL.
- Appalachian Agency Senior Living Community: A community that provides safe and affordable housing through renovated, accessible homes in a local mobile home park to help reduce the isolation experienced by senior citizens and adults with disabilities living in rural areas developed by Appalachian Agency for Senior Citizens in Cedar Bluff, VA.
- Mountain Empire Older Citizens Mobility Vision: An innovative approach to transportation assistance specifically aimed at the needs of older adults, people with disabilities and veterans who must attend frequent health appointments developed by Mountain Empire Older Citizens in Big Stone, VA.
- PAWS (Pets Are Wonderful Support), a Shanti Program: A program that assists clients and their pets designed to alleviate the heightened risks faced by the LGBT aging and disability community in San Francisco developed by the San Francisco Department of Aging and Adult Services (CA).