Start Date: 11/13/2018 1:00 PM EST
End Date: 11/13/2018 2:00 PM EST
Event Website: https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/8736260191998181889
National Association of Area Agencies on Aging (n4a)
Join n4a and your peer agencies for a AAA and Title VI member-only lunchtime webinar that will provide an overview of innovative programs your peers are running at their agencies. As a participant, you will hear from your peers on how they developed, implemented and sustained these programs within their agencies. Tips on how you can replicate these programs within your agencies will be shared as well, with time for Q & A at the end. All spotlighted programs won n4a Aging Innovations Awards this year; read more about them here.
This webinar series will take place monthly from October to January.
- November 13, 1:00-2:00 pm ET
- December 11, 1:00-2:00 pm ET
- January 15, 1:00-2:00 pm ET
The November 13 webinar will highlight:
- Stepping Up Your Nutrition: A Malnutrition Risk Workshop: An innovative, interactive workshop to help older adults remain independent and prevent malnutrition and falls risks developed by the Maryland Living Well Center of Excellence, Maintaining Active Citizens (MAC), Inc. in Salisbury, MD.
- EmPowerment: Emergency Readiness for Older Adults: A program developed to hear from older adults about their needs and concerns related to emergency preparedness and to assist them in planning for the unexpected developed by the Arlington Agency on Aging in Arlington, VA.
- Geriatric Mental Health (DGMH): An onsite mental health model provided 25 senior centers developed by the New York City Department for the Aging.