Start Date: 2/11/2021 1:00 PM EST
End Date: 2/11/2021 2:00 PM EST
Event Website: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/1456002295426385934
National Association of Area Agencies on Aging
Join n4a and your peer agencies for a five-part n4a members-only lunchtime webinar series that will provide an overview of innovative programs your peers are running at their agencies. As a participant, you will hear from your peers on how they developed, implemented and sustained these programs within their agencies. Tips on how you can replicate these programs within your agencies will be shared as well, with time for Q & A at the end. All spotlighted programs won n4a Aging Innovations Awards this year; read more about them here: www.n4a.org/aia.
The February 11 webinar will highlight:
- A cognitive screening program to increase dementia service capability and assist older adults who may be living with dementia; developed by the County of San Diego Health and Human Services Agency, Aging & Independence Services in San Diego, CA.
- The My Meal–My Way program that provides older adults participating in the Area Agency on Aging of Dane County congregate nutrition program with the opportunity to dine at seven different restaurants that offer a variety of menu options and dining times; developed by the Area Agency on Aging of Dane County in Madison, WI.
- A care coordination intervention that incorporates an evidence-based depression management program to help reduce hospital admission rates and emergency room visits; developed by Elder Options in Gainesville, FL.
- An online art gallery that showcases the talent of older adult artists who produce artwork at senior center art classes; developed by the Weber Human Services Area Agency on Aging in Ogden, UT.
- March 11, 1:00-2:00 pm ET