Start Date: 7/22/2021 11:00 AM EDT
End Date: 7/22/2021 12:30 PM EDT
Event Website: https://www.nadtc.org/event/post-conference-intensive-meeting-the-transportation-needs-of-diverse-older-adults/
National Aging and Disability Transportation Center (NADTC)
NADTC will host a free virtual event on July 22 from 11:00 am to 12:30 pm ET focused on meeting the transportation needs of diverse older adults and people with disabilities.
Our keynote speaker is transportation planning consultant, civil rights lawyer and nationally recognized activist, Tamika Butler, who will shed light on critical issues related to inequality, inequity and social justice in transportation. Tamika will be followed by a panel discussion among three transit programs working to improve transportation for diverse older adults and people with disabilities. Our closing speaker, Tauhric Brown, President and CEO of CICOA Aging and In-Home Solutions in Indianapolis, will discuss the role of aging and disability programs in addressing transportation inequities.
• Tamika Butler, Founder + Principal, Tamika L. Butler Consulting, LLC, Los Angeles, CA
• Virginia Dize, Co-Director, National Aging and Disability Transportation Center, n4a, Washington, DC
• Melissa Gray, Senior Program Manager, National Aging and Disability Transportation Center, n4a, Washington, DC
• Julia Castillo, Executive Director, HIRTA Public Transit, Urbandale, IA
• Harmony Lloyd, Chief Operating Officer, MTA Flint, Flint, MI
• Kiana Parker, Mobility on Demand Project Co-Lead, Consultant, Seattle Department of Transportation, Seattle, WA
• Tauhric Brown, President & CEO, CICOA Aging & In-Home Solutions, Indianapolis, IN
The virtual event is open to the public and does not require paid registration, but you must register by July 21, 2021 to participate! Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.