Chief Executive Officer
Northeast Iowa Area Agency on Aging’s (NEI3A) passion and mission is to empower older individuals to age with dignity and independence. As the agency continues to evolve, NEI3A is searching for a dynamic, innovative, and creative leader who will build on the trusted reputation of the agency and have the expertise to lead the team in progressively building creative new partnerships and continue the path of excellence of the current CEO who will be retiring at the end of 2020. NEI3A seeks a collaborative leader who will work with local state and nation stakeholders. The selected person should also be committed to developing staff to achieve the agency mission.
NEI3A is a non profit organization that is an instrumentality of the State of Iowa Department on Aging. NEI3A coordinates referral to local programs and services that provides older persons and their caregivers options on independence within an 18 county service area in northern Iowa.
- Works in partnership with the Board of Directors to provide leadership, vision and direction of NEI3A.
- Creates and manages a transparent relationship with the Board of Directors; ensures Board, Advisory Council, and Committee members are informed of significant matters affecting the Agency.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the organization.
- Creates a strong, positive and collaborative culture with high levels of employee engagement.
- In partnership with the Board of Directors, ensures long term financial stability of the Agency; oversees the development and management of Agency budget and financial controls and procedures including annual audit and administration of financial management procedures.
- Protects the legal interests of NEI3A to ensure compliance with local, state and federal laws, rules and regulations including the Older Americans Act.
- Oversees human resource function to ensure compliance with applicable laws and effective implementation of all facets of HR including recruiting and hiring, policy and procedures administration, benefit administration, employee relations, compensation, employee reviews training and development and employee termination.
- Ensures Area Plan is timely written and submitted to State Department on Aging; Interacts with State Department on Aging on matters related to Agency operation.
- Serves as member of the Iowa Association of Area Agencies on Aging (I4A).
- Develops key relationships with local, state and federal elected officials to promote advocacy for older Iowans.
- Develops strategic relationships with community and aging network partners to ensure growth in NEI3A services and address the needs of older Iowans.
For consideration, complete an application from our web site. http://www.nei3a.org/join-us/employment/job-application.aspx
including a cover letter and resume. Application materials must be submitted by July 24.
Chief Executive Officer
||Northeast Iowa Area Agency on Aging
||NEI3A offers a competitive salary and benefits package to include health, dental, Iowa Public Employee Retirement System (IPERS), voluntary vision and insurance programs.
|Posting Start Date:
- Master’s Degree in Public Administration , Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, Human Services
- Administration, Public Policy or Social Work or related field of study with a minimum of 5 years’ experience with
- emphasis on policy, planning, administration or management OR Bachelor’s Degree with 8 years’ similar
- experience Or Comparable combination of experience and education.
- Senior leadership experience to include working with Board of Directors or equivalent.
- Demonstrated strategic planning and financial management experience.
- Experience with contract and grant management in non-profit, health or older adult services organization.
- Experience transforming an organization and implementing innovative programs and creating a culture of
- continuous organizational / individual improvement.
- Experience with managing staff in a multi-site organization.
||This listing expires on: 7/24/2020