ADRC Intake Specialist
The ADRC Intake Specialist, under the direction of the ADRC Coordinator is responsible for ADRC activities of the agency. Provides assistance, information and referrals for seniors, the disabled and caregivers. Provides information to individuals seeking long term care solutions. Performs intake activities to include interviewing and screening applicants for long-term services and support (LTSS) services and making referrals to LTSS program. Maintains resources information directory and referral files. Enters data and generates reports from multiple data systems within the department. Develops and maintains general knowledge of the Medicaid Waiver program and of any other programs for which job duties are performed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
How to Apply:
- Interviews and screens individuals, either in-person or by telephone, to determine needs, and eligibility for benefits, services and programs including Medicaid Waiver.
- Makes referrals to appropriate programs and services as needed.
- Provides information to individuals, families or professionals seeking services/programs, data and resources in the field.
- Documents data regarding information and assistance and referral.
- Disseminates relevant information, materials and applications as requested.
- Provides technical assistance on how to access benefits (completing applications).
- Makes follow-up calls to determine outcomes of accessing benefits and services.Miscellaneous
- Develops and maintains general knowledge of the Medicaid Waiver program and of any other programs for which job duties are performed.
- Participates in various education and or training activities as required.
- Participates in health fairs and community education events.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Email cover letter, resume, three references and salary requirements and to: Lisa Adams, LMSW - HR and Operations Director at LAdams@m4a.org
ADRC Intake Specialist
||Middle Alabama Area Agency on Aging (M4A)
|Posting Start Date:
||Education / Experience
- Possess a Bachelor of Arts (BA) or Bachelor of Science (BS) degree, preferably in human services related field, from an accredited college or university.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of word processing software, preferably Microsoft Word, and spreadsheet software, preferably Microsoft Excel and be able to learn program software.
- AIRS certification preferred and required after one year of employment.
Special Skill Requirements (*Can be acquired on the job)
- Knowledge of community resources and aging programs.*
- Customer Service skills for clients, professional staff, and community representatives.
- De-escalate stressful situations, multi-task and manage projects.
- Uphold proper phone etiquette, time management and multi-phone systems.
- Maintain HIPAA Compliance with clients, professionals and in methods of communication.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Work both independently and as a team player.
- Ability to gather reports and compile information accurately and meet deadlines.
||This listing expires on: 8/22/2020