Read below for full job description. To apply, submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements/history to email@example.com
. Note the job title in the email subject line. The application closing date is October 30, 2020. We cannot respond to all applications and unsolicited phone calls or emails will not be returned.
The mission of the National Association of Area Agencies on Aging (n4a) is to build the capacity of our members so they can help older adults and people with disabilities live with dignity and choices in their homes and communities for as long as possible. n4a is a 501(c)(3) membership association representing America’s national network of 622 Area Agencies on Aging (AAAs) and providing a voice in the nation’s capital for the more than 250 Title VI Native American aging programs. Our vision is to build a society that values and supports people as they age.
The Program Assistant/Associate is a key supportive player to two teams at n4a: Programs and Membership. Approximately half of the job is supporting special initiatives around increasing the social engagement of older adults and building communities that support people living with dementia; the other half involves supporting the customer service and database functions of the membership team. The position offers a great introduction to how a mission-driven, membership association drives change. The ideal candidate will be an efficient time manager who is organized, detail-oriented, forward-thinking, a planner and a team player able to juggle multiple projects daily.
Duties and Responsibilities
Work Hours and Location
- Utilize project management tools, including Excel, to organize and manage program activities
- Ensure the accuracy and timeliness of n4a’s membership database; log changes and membership payments; and assist in annual membership campaigns
- Maintain project websites, including posting content, and working with vendors to ensure websites are properly maintained
- Assist with multiple monthly webinars’ logistics, including selecting dates, working with speakers and partners, monitoring Q&A, troubleshooting, and posting webinar resources and recordings online
- Develop online survey tools and analyze results
- Assist with the development and production of three monthly newsletters and regular email blasts
- Manage scheduling, logistics and note-taking for frequent meetings and events
- Monitor communications channels, including project email inboxes, and maintain contact lists; communicate clearly in writing and via telephone/Zoom with n4a members, partners, funders and other stakeholders
- Work with vendors and partners to facilitate an efficient process for the administration and completion of projects
- Provide administrative support for conferences, exhibits and other activities
- Serve as a back-up to the receptionist and cross-train on several communications systems (e.g., association management system, email blasts, website)
- Other duties as assigned
This full-time position is based in n4a’s Washington, DC office. Due to the COVID-19 health emergency, the n4a staff is currently working remotely, though this will change in the future. The successful candidate will be able to travel to the n4a Annual Conference & Tradeshow each summer for up to 6 days.
||National Association of Area Agencies on Aging (n4a)
||n4a is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
|Posting Start Date:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and follow-through, even in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to plan ahead, meet deadlines and balance multiple projects
- Ability to keep track of details and timelines and effectively communicate the most relevant information to supervisors/colleagues
- Experience with website maintenance platforms, databases and/or association management systems
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Mailchimp or other email platforms, Survey Monkey or other survey platforms, and webinar/communications broadcast platforms
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Quick thinker with demonstrated problem-solving and strong interpersonal skills that will further enhance a work environment that is collegial and creative
- Must have an all-hands-on-deck attitude and a willingness to pitch in when needed
- Passion for n4a’s mission of helping older adults age in place and maintain their health and independence for as long as possible
||This listing expires on: 10/30/2020