In 2001 she was named Deputy Director of VAAA, and appointed President, CEO in FY 2004. Since then she has moved the Agency forward by raising community awareness of VAAA and implementing several unique programs serving older adults and their families in Planning and Service Area (PSA) 5. VAAA’s service area consists of Genesee, Lapeer and Shiawassee Counties.
As the President, CEO of VAAA, Ms. Boles has been responsible for implementing the following:
- A Quarterly Valley News e-newsletter
- Valley Alerts
- Vacation Respite Program
- Big Wheels Deliver Meals – Elected officials and community leaders delivering meals to Home Delivered Meal clients in Genesee County
- Senior Power Day (over 2,000 seniors attend each year)
- Keeping Independent Senior Safe (KISS)
- MI Capable Pilot Project
- Michigan Health Endowment Fund for Evidence Based Programs
- Care Transitions 3026 funding opportunity through CMS.
Ms. Boles is active in civic and professional organizations serving at the local, state, and national level, such as the Zonta Club of Greater Flint, Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. – (a public service sorority), and the National Association of Area Agencies on Aging, serving on its Board of Directors and elected President for 2017-2018. Other organizations include the Board of Directors for the Alzheimer’s Association of Michigan, the Board of Trustees for the Flint Institute of Arts as a secretary for 2017, a Board Member of the McFarlan Charitable Corporation, a Board Member of the PACE program, and Board Member of the Genesee Health Plan.
Ms. Boles served as guest lecturer on aging programs at the University of Michigan – Flint, as well as Mott Community College.
Ms. Boles holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration from Central Michigan University.