Older Americans Act Reauthorization 2019
The Older Americans Act (OAA) connects older adults and their caregivers to services that help older adults age with health, dignity and independence in their homes and communities—where they want to be! In 2019, Congress must reauthorize this vital federal program that serves every community in the country. With the rapid growth of America’s aging population, it is essential that Congress hear from local aging advocates about making wise investments in critical OAA programs and services. Use n4a’s advocacy tools and resources to ensure that your voice is heard on OAA reauthorization and to engage your grassroots and other stakeholders in this important issue!
The Older Americans Act expires on September 30, 2019, and securing a bipartisan reauthorization is the top policy priority of n4a. As our campaign expands and advances, keep checking back here for updates, resources and ways you can help.
n4a Positions and Publications
- n4a’s Letter to Senate HELP Committee Responding to Draft OAA Reauthorization Bill (June 2019)
- n4a’s Recommendations on the Reauthorization of the Older Americans Act (February 2019)
- Your August Advocacy Charge: Pressure Needed to Move OAA Reauthorization (July 29, 2019)
- Senate Stalled on OAA Reauthorization (July 17, 2019)
- Congress Considering OAA Reauthorization (May 31, 2019)