#OurBestShot Vaccination Awareness Campaign
n4a has partnered with the Alliance for Aging Research on #OurBestShot, a campaign developed to make it easy for n4a members to educate older adults about the important role vaccinations play in reducing preventable illness in their communities. The #OurBestShot campaign, timed to coincide with the start of flu season and Medicare’s annual Open Enrollment period, aims to encourage older adults to schedule their annual Medicare visits, to share the facts about vaccines and to get vaccinated.
Resources for Local Aging Professionals
As part of the #OurBestShot campaign, n4a and the Alliance for Aging Research have created the following tools and resources to help Area Agencies on Aging, Title VI Native American aging programs and local aging providers inform their communities of the importance of vaccinations.
- Publications: These materials share the facts about vaccines, the important role Medicare visits play in keeping communities healthy. Order printed versions of each of the below publications free of charge in the n4a online store while supplies last.
- Our Best Shot: The Importance of Vaccination for Older Adults (English) (order)
- Our Best Shot: The Importance of Vaccination for Older Adults (Spanish) (order)
- Our Best Shot: The Truth about Vaccines for You and Your Loved Ones (order)
- Wellness Wisdom: Schedule Your Medicare Preventative Visits Every Year (order)
- Community Workshop Kit: This kit contains all of the resources necessary for local agencies to hold educational sessions on the importance of vaccinations for older adults.
- Social Media Toolkit: This toolkit provides content that n4a members can use to promote the importance of vaccinations for older adults locally and join the #OurBestShot conversation nationally.
- Video: This video is an accessible and compelling overview of why older adults should get vaccines. The film has been translated in Spanish and is available in closed caption for use in waiting rooms or other office settings.