- Home for the Holidays Campaign: Addressing Social Isolation & Loneliness in Older Adults
Volunteer Resource Center TEST
Funded by the Administration for Community Living (ACL), the Aging Network Volunteer Resource Center, n4a’s primary older adult volunteer initiative, was developed to increase the number of older adult volunteers and to enrich the experience of these volunteers as they assume this critical role. The Center was also established to help build the capacity of vital Area Agency on Aging (AAA) and state-administered programs that are well-suited for volunteer involvement including the State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP), Senior Medicare Patrol (SMP) and Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program, to name just a few. Strengthening the ability of AAAs to fulfill the crucial mission of improving quality of life for millions of older Americans is at the core of the Center’s work.
Offering online resources, staff and volunteer training and opportunities for leaders to exchange best practices, the Center provides all the tools organizations need to build their business capacity, while also offering a diverse pool of volunteers, including people who receive aging or disability services themselves, the chance to provide meaningful service to their communities.
Learn more about our recently launched campaign to educate the public about the health benefits of volunteering for older adults. Be sure to check out the campaign brochure Doing Good is Good for You: Volunteer! and our handy toolkit to help spread awareness in your community about this important issue.
- Introductory Guide on Self-Directed Volunteer Teams
- First Advantage Enterprise Agreement (formerly LexisNexis) for volunteer screening
- “What’s Working” Replication Guides (must be registered to access guides)
- Over 20 webinars on a variety of volunteer programming topics
- PowerUP! Institute and PR Materials
- Got an Hour? Give it Back. Campaign
- National Association of States United for Aging and Disabilities (NASUAD)
- Senior Medicare Patrol Resource Center
- National Long-Term Care Ombudsmen Resource Center
- American Association of State Service Commissions
- Corporation for National and Community Service
Peter Lane, Director